Saturday, January 4, 2014

Asian Drama Challenge- Day 1

at 4:53 AM

Day 1: First Drama you watched?

Let say, when I first saw the challenge, I thought to myself "this isn't bad at all, I mean, I watch all kinds of dramas, I'm sure this is easypeazzy."

Nope. I was wrong. This first question already got me stuck because I can't even remember what my first drama was. I've seen many as a child  including the famous drama turned-novels like Return of Condor Heroes 1995 version or even the oldest version of the Monkey King 1986.

The Monkey King (1986)
Return of Condor Heroes (1995)
I remembered watching these two as a child, but I don't even know if they count because I forgot when I first saw these. For sure it was before I was 8 years old.

However, I'm going to cheat and say that it is Wrong Sedan Chair, Right Bribegroom.
It is an old drama I've seen when I was little that left a deepest impression in me. I think this drama counts because it's one of the earlier drama that I follows without skipping any episode.

This drama is remarkable because it entails the best casts with an interesting plot that made mini-me constantly craving for more. It's definitely a precious childhood drama of mine.


This drama is a must watch! 

Synopsis from DramaWiki:

Two women set out on the same day to be married, but as they were traveling to their new homes, rain forced them to take shelter in a temple; they are Du Bing Yan and Li Yu Hu. As soon as the rain stopped, they quickly set out again. Unbeknownst to the people lifting the carriages, the women had accidentally got in the wrong carriages!
Through a series of trials with their new spouses, the two new couples grow to love each other. As they say, it's fine to get on the wrong bridal carriage, as long as you don't marry the wrong person.

My Recall of the drama:

Du BingYan and Li YuHu are two completely different females. BingYan comes from a rich family, is gentle and well manner, intelligent and well literate. Whereas YuHu excels at martial, is righteous, not your typical well-manner female and extremely straightforward. Both were on their way to married someone they didn't love/didn't even know. Their red veils got switched in a hurry and both entered an an accident marriage. In this situation, fate let the two females married on the same day, stopped at the same temple, and swap their red wedding veil. This lead to the new beginning to these two female's lives.

This is what my grandma used to say, "people's choice can't beat heaven's decision." and it means that people's decision can't beat fate. I don't know if I translated that correctly, but that's the gist of it.

I dont want to spoil too much, but this is one of the best ending I've seen in a drama! :D i think the title already tells you that their marriage begins with mistake but ends up more right than ever. They fell in love with another husband. But before this happiness comes with obstacles, misunderstandings. This drama have your romance, comedy, action, switching roles, struggle with family inheritance, war, faking gender! it's everything in one.

I love this drama and hopefully someone with love for ancient drama will also check it out! I didn't realized that i did a mini review of this drama. Comment below if you want a more thorough review of this drama. I know it's kinda hard to find online because I watched it on Youtube with English subbed but I believed it was removed due to license problem.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my.drama.marathon Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea