Saturday, July 12, 2014

Queen In Hyun's Man Review

at 9:58 PM
Combining both a drama challenge along with drama review, since I realized I wrote so much for this drama, might as well make a Drama review out of it...

Day 8: Your favorite Korean Drama?

 This was an easy one. Because I just recently rewatched this drama, and by far it is one of the cutest ROM-COM I've ever watched.
Queen In-Hyun's Man


Plot: 5/5
The drama is about a top scholar, Gim Boong Do (Ji Hyun Woo) , from Joseon Era who was given a magical talisman that allowed him to escaped the brink of death by traveling 300 years into the future.The background story revolved around a historical figure Queen In-Hyun who was framed in the past and exiled/isolated for a period of time, but got reinstated later on. Gim Boong Do, our leading man in this case is the Queen's trusted man whose goal is to helped Queen In-hyun restore her position and put the Western Minister (our antagonist) in jail. However, restoring the queen's position wasn't an easy task because the Minister was constantly out to kill our Gim Boong Do. This is why he was placed in life-and-death situation many times, which explained many occasions of him traveling to the future.

In the future, he met a naive and straight forward new comer actress. Choi Hee Jin (Yoo In Na),  who got the role of Queen In-hyun in a new adaptation drama. His fate with Queen In-Hyun's didnt end with just the Joseon Era but also entertwine with the present Queen in-Hyun. He began to helped Hee Jin as she was bullied by fellow cast members while she helped him adapt to the future. The cause and effect chain falls upon the two when they fell in love but distanced each other by 300 years. Both had to battle time and the mysterious evilness constantly lurking over Gim Boong Do's life in Joseon Era. 

The plot is very interesting. Not something completely new (somewhat resembled Rooftop Prince), but the execution of the plot is very unique. There was never a boring moment in the drama, and their illustration of the domino effect of someone from 300 years ago falling for someone in the present is more acceptable than Rooftop Prince. At one point, the talisman was torn and their explanation of how both of them forgot everything and created a "gap" in time.
Moreover, most of the couple stuff in this drama is way too cheesy, yet acceptable because both leading casts made it so natural. (They dated in real life for a while, but recently broke up). The kissing scenes were good. I hate watching dramas with awkward kissing scenes, like PLEASE! HAVE SOME LIPS MOVEMENT! you can't kiss like that in real life right? 

Overall, the plot is great! I love love it! I dont normally gives drama full marks, but this is one of the exception. Except the ending doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's a good ending and I'm okay with that.



Characterization: 4/5
One of my pet peeves while watching kdrama is seeing a stupid female lead making a fool out of herself. the female lead Choi Hee Jin, is naive, but not stupid. I like her personality a lot. She did whatever she could to help the person she liked, recklessly without thinking of the consequence.
Gim Boong Do is a great leading man as he was knowledgable, smart and such a gentleman. He was able to remember most things in the future and quickly adapt to the future, but he new how Hee Jin tricked him about the kiss and everything but he played it off cool and just laughed it off. Which is CUTEE! :D
Most of the other characters are quite loveable. The assistant manager and her back ground check Gim Boong Do was quite cute. How she repeatedly asked him the same questions three times was really cute.

One bright side of this drama was that, there was absolutely no misunderstanding or any sort. I hate those moments of misunderstanding and wrong timing in drama, but those didn't happen in the drama. Also, there was no antagonist in the drama. Maybe Han Dong Min, but he wasn't even considered a love rival since Hee Jin never truly loved him. 























Sound track: 4/5
Somewhat a typical sad ballad in the drama. but no matter what, it is still a good song.  My favorite song is called "Another time, same Sky" by Joo Hee of 8eight. This song completely explains the relationship between Boong Do and Hee Jin. It explains the yearning and desire of the two to be together. Their love was not meant to be, it was sad and it hurted both in many ways, but they both didn't give up and continued to wait or the other person to come back. This song made be cried whenever it plays in the drama. SHO SAD.

Here's a translation: Credit. Popsaga
As I wait for you with nothing to do
My welled up tears are dyed with the sunset
You, who is waiting for me at the other side of time
Are rushing my heart again
Under the same sky, in a different time
Our sad love has tangled
I place my earnest heart in the moonlight
So I can shine brightly wherever you are
A person like you, I’m so thankful to you
My love can’t be entirely expressed with just words
Though the rough times bruises and hurts me
You protected me in your embrace

Under the same sky, in a different time
Our sad love has tangled
I place my earnest heart in the moonlight
So I can touch you wherever you are
My love
Under the same sky, in a different time
This sad love can never be
I will become the moonlight in the dusk sky and shine on you
So you can find your way back to me

Overall a great drama! TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO'S LOOKING FOR A DRAMA TO WATCH. YOO IN NA is a great actress. Watch it before going to Kcon since she will be there! hahaha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

my.drama.marathon Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea